What is Kalkun?
Kalkun is open source web-based SMS (Short Message Service) management, it use gammu-smsd as SMS gateway engine to deliver and retrieve messages from your phone/modem. Kalkun and gammu is two different things. you have to install and configure gammu at yourself. Kalkun only manage database that given by gammu. Take a look at the architecture :
What is the advantages?
Since it web-based, you just need to put this software on one computer, let say it as your server. And other computer on your network (or even on the internet, if you need so), just need a browser to use it. Another advantages is you don't need to worry about phone memory capacity, because your message is stored in the database.
Kalkun is released under GNU General Public License. You're free to modify and/or redistribute the source code.
- Multiple database backend (Currently support MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite3)
- Multiuser (each user have it's own inbox, outbox, folder, and phonebook)
- Conversation, SMS is grouped by phone number
- Manage SMS (Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items)
- Sending SMS, by personal or group
- Scheduled SMS, by datetime or delay
- Manage Phonebook, by personal or group
- Create signature on your message
- Create and manage private folder
- Quick reply, reply, forward message
- Flash/Long SMS
- Simple Auto Reply
- Unicode support
- Localization (Currently available on English, Bahasa, Czech, Portuguese, Italian, and Russian Language)
- Blacklist Number, block message from specific number
- Server Alert, alert you whenever your service (eq: Web server, Mail server) is down
- SMS Bomber, send bomb/spam message
Please read CHANGELOG for details.
Any ideas to improve this features? feel free to contact us.
Server side, is computer where Kalkun placed/installed, you need:
- Web server: Apache 2.x or Lighttpd is recommended
- PHP 5.x with: session, database library (depends on database engine you use), hash, json, curl (optional) extension/module enabled
- PHP CLI
- Database Engine (MySQL 5.x, PostgreSQL or SQLite3)
- Gammu-SMSD, part of Gammu family
- Firefox 3.x or higher
- Opera 9.x or higher
- Safari 4.x or higher
- Google Chrome 10.x or higher
The best way to contact us is by mailing lists, but incase you need to contact us personally please use the following contact:
- Azhari Harahap: azhari<at>harahap.us
- Kinshuk Bairagi: kinshuk1989<at>gmail.com